Monday, July 28, 2008

May 3, 2005

I just came back from seeing Dr. Wong. Mike Lopez drove me down and was very kind and concerned about me. I found out that I have two tumors with fingers. The 4 doctors all got together and talked about my condition and decided it was too risky for them to do the surgery. That they did not want to take the responsibility if something went wrong. Dr. Wong is still trying to find a doctor and plastic surgeon that will do the surgery. The good news is that it is not by my spine…yet. I told the doctor that we really needed to move quickly because I am in so much pain.

On the way there, Mike asked me if I was prepared if something should happen during surgery that would incapacitate me. I almost started to cry, but I held it back. My only worry is that I would be placed into an institution again and be abandoned by all my friends. Would anyone come and visit me? I’m afraid of being alone.

2 comments:

Jenni's Haven said...

You would never have been abandoned by your friends Bob and I for one would have come to visited you. I wish I'd known more how much you felt alone. I miss my buddy Bob and some of this I knew

Jenni's Haven said...

But some of your story I didn't know all the details. I always did know you were an extraordinary person and if anyone thought they had it bad all they had to do was walk a mile in your shoes. It's too bad you didn't get to finish this. I know you had many other memories to share. But I am really glad I got to read more about your early years. And it breaks my heart to know you thought your friends wouldn't have been there for you. You were loved by hundreds. And I also learned about the cancer. God did take you before the pain of that would have set in <3