Bob fell July 15th, 2008, and bumped his head. He was taken to a very busy emergency room late that night by his friend. It was a long wait. They wanted to take a x-ray, but Bob, feeling sorry for his friend, asked for a pain shot and then be released. Upon arriving at his home, Bob's friend helped him take off his shoes. Bob asked his friend to please check on him in the morning.
Bob never answered his phone that next day. The day after that, his friend had the apartment manager open his door. He had died. He must have died peacefully in his sleep. He was found tucked in bed looking peaceful and happy.
Bob suffered so much physical pain to the very end. The autopsy revealed that Bob had a hematoma on his head and bleed to death internally.
It also showed he had testicular cancer that had moved up to his stomach. He never knew this. (He kept complaining that his side hurt). It would have been a terrible painful death if he had to suffer to the end with cancer too. Emotionally and physically. The tender mercies of the Lord were with Bob as he took him home.
I loved Chuck Coolies talk at Bob's funeral when he said, "Bob, the first thing I'm going to do when I'm resurrected is check on my family and make sure everyone is ok. Then I'm running over to your grave to see you in your perfect new body."
To all those who made Bob's life a little easier, THANK YOU! He still loves you for it.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No no no no no!
I was going to ask why write in the past tense?
Bob, it sounds like your friends were indeed fortunate to know you. I wish I had the honor.
I'm going to go have a cry now.
Post a Comment