Monday, July 28, 2008

April 17, 2005

Today I woke up and was feeling a lot of pain. I have been feeling pain for about 6 months now. I currently have 2 tumors. One on my right side of my head, and the other on the back right side of my neck. The one on my neck has been causing me discomfort and pain. I have had an CAT Scan and my doctor has sent me to 4 specialists to see if they could remove the tumor. Each doctor has referred me back to my primary care doctor saying the extent of the surgery needed might be too risky and they won’t do it. One doctor said that we might have to refer me to UCLA. I feel like going to UCLA is too far. I feel like I don’t want to burden people to take me all the way out there. It would take about 8 trips and I don’t like to ask that of people. Another thing that bothers me is that I would like people come and see me to comfort me. Being that far away I don’t know if people would go all the way out there to see me. I like the company so that I don’t feel all alone. I like someone that I know to be there when I wake up from surgery and tell me that everything went O.K. When I wake up from surgery I see other people's parents and family showing their comfort, I just wish I had that. It’s just a time of need that I need someone.

Anyway, today is Sunday and I decided to ask the Bishop for a blessing. I need a resolve to the pain I have been feeling. Several brothers in our ward assisted. Brother Acosta anointed and the Bishop Hull gave the blessing. The men in the circle were Kevin Horton, Troy Patrick, Dan Huse, Rick Hughes, Dave Jessop and Rich Kensel gave a prayer before I got the blessing.

When Rich Kensel gave the opening prayer I felt very touched by his prayer. He set the tone of the spirit very strong. The Bishop said in his prayer that my Father in Heaven knows that I am going through a lot of pain and hurt and that as I go through hoping(sp?) that I can try to over come the pain. That Hevenly Father is mindful of my needs and loves me very much. That he is watching over me. He said that I would be blessed with things beyond my comprehension to deal with the pain in a way that I would have to. When the bishop was giving me the blessing I was very overcome with the spirit and I was smiling.

In my lifetime growing up I’m surprised that I never had a police record. That I over came the anger I had with the world because I was born with this condition. That I never lashed out at people for my pain and their good fortune. Growing up in the life style I did I am so lucky that I never feel into that kind of stuff. Looking back I can see the Lords hand in my life. In bring up the past and writing my life history I have come to see the Lords hand in my life and that he Loves me. In growing up I have been in several religions but I embraced the true gospel, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

No comments: