Monday, July 28, 2008
How I lost my gardening business
In the year 2001, I passed out while gardening at one of my customers houses on Arcane Street. I passed out for about 15 minutes before the ambulance came. My friend Roger who was gardening found me lying on the ground and couldn’t wake me. He saw one of my neighbors down the street and flagged her down and told her to call 911. Roger then went in my truck to my house and walked in to wake up Eric Chandler to tell him that I had passed out and was taken to the emergency room. The doctor was trying to decide if I should stay or be sent home. He decided to keep me and I was there for 1 ½ weeks. They did a lot of lab work, x-rays, an MRI, and brain scan. They tried to find out what was wrong with me. They said I was dehydrated and put me on medication Dylantin which is for people who have seizures. They asked me if I ever had a seizure and I told them that I never had a seizure in my life. They decided that I might have had a stroke. There was a few times when they were giving me my medication that I held it in my mouth and would spit it out when they left the room because it made me feel physically drained with a hang-over. There were times that I would try to hide it in between my fingers and then when they left I would hide it in the Kleenex Box. One time the nurse came in and I was curled up in a ball and asked me if everything was alright. I said could you please call my adopted Mom Diane Harris. Diane came and she asked me what was wrong. I said, “Why is this happening to me? I don’t like the medicine they are giving.” She tried to convince me that I should take it. I did and was on the medication for 2 weeks. When I got home I stopped taking it. I told the doctor I was taking it, but didn’t. That was probably the hardest time in my life. My business was doing really well and I lost it all. I had to sell all my tools just to make ends meet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment