Monday, July 28, 2008

My friend Vicki

Vicki was a single lady that worked at the institution. I remember Vicki was beautiful. She kind of looked like “I Dream of Jeanie”. She was very kind to me. She would take me to her house on holidays and weekends and let me spend time with her. We would go to her parent’s house and they kind of adopted me as their child. They really spoiled me with toys and presents for the holidays. I had a fond affection for Vicki. One night Vicki took me to her parent’s house to spend the night. They put me in a room by myself but I was too scared to sleep there so Vicki let me sleep with her. That night when I took a bath, Vicki helped me and I didn’t want her to see me. She assured me that there was nothing to be ashamed of and that she loved me just the way I was. For this I loved Vicki.

Vicki’s dad worked at Coke-a-Cola and she would take me there and we would get free Coke. That was fun.

When I was in the hospital getting my surgeries Vicki would bring me candy & four 2 liter bottles of different flavored sodas. I liked that.

She would take me home and I would stay for 1 to 3 nights. I would tell her I didn’t really want to go back but she would always say, I know but I have to take you back. I would tell her I wished she was my Mom. One time I got upset with her because she went home and did not take me and I kicked her. I felt like I belonged to her. I liked the attention and love she was giving me. She made me feel like we were family.

There was a perfume that Vicki had and I though it smelled so good. I sprayed it all over me and then took it to the bath and poured some in with me. After I got out of the bath everyone asked “Wow Bob, did you get into the perfume?” I said “no” and everyone laughed. I then admitted that I liked the smell of it. Vicki never took anyone else home with her but me. That made me feel very special.

No comments: