Monday, July 28, 2008

The wild life!

The kids from the institution would go as a group to the store and we would steal liquor, beer, cigarettes, and we would smoke at night. Sometimes the staff would let us go out at night and we would go away from the building and smoke and drink. I was probably 8 or 9 years old. I did this to fit in with the group. At night we would sneak into the girls’ room and smoke and drink. If we heard someone coming, the girls would throw blankets or clothes on top of us and the staff would tell the girls to clean up their room.

There was a girl that had a crush on me and I liked her too. We were friend and then became boyfriend and girlfriend. We were about 6 years old when we first met. We were all looking to be loved. One time she was looking at me and she started shaking. I called one of the staff and said “help help.” I said, “She is shaking, what do I do.” She grabbed me and I was amazed at the strength she had when she held me while she was shaking. Come to find out she was having a seizure. The staff checked to see if she took her medicine. She hadn’t. She was o.k.

No comments: