Monday, July 28, 2008

Nice lady with accent

I remember a lady with an accent that came to the institution and would pick 2 or 3 children and take them to catakism. I liked to go. She was really nice. She seemed to bond with me more than the other children. I remember these little books that would have pictures of children in them. We would read a story and then answer a question and check off a box which one we thought would be the right answer. It would ask questions like; “Would God be happy if you did this?” or “What would God want you to do?” Every once in a while she would come by and pick me up and take me out to lunch. She loved being outside. She would take me to the park or we would climb on rocks. We would go places and enjoy the beauty of the world and she would tell me “This is what God has made for us.” After I left the institution and lived with Carmen, (who I will tell you about later) this nice lady tracked me down and showed up at my door one day. I didn’t remember her face but when she talked I remembered her accent. I talked to my foster mom and told her this was the lady that I would go to church with at the institution and she wants me to go out with her. I was able to go and we went on a picnic and we just talked. I remember she said she was writing a book about different things about her life. I asked her about her book and she was surprised that I remembered. She said she wasn’t finished yet. I remember her saying “Your going to be a good man someday Bob.”

No comments: