Monday, July 28, 2008

At age 27

I was 27 years old and I talked to June telling her that I wanted to move. She said that I couldn’t because you have to fill out paperwork, see a judge to see if your are competent to use your own money and live on your own. I figured it was a lost cause. After about a year I went to social security to see if I could get my checks in my own name and out of the Whitakers. I asked if I needed to see a judge or if there was a lot of paperwork involved. She said no. All you need to do is take a paper we will mail you to your doctor, he will ask you a bunch of question and he will mail it off. I wanted the paperwork sent to another place than the Whitakers but she said she couldn’t. I watched the mail but June got it first. She was angry and blew up. I expressed to her my need to take care of myself.

About a year later, I went back to social security and asked for the information again but that I needed it sent to my friends address. She said sure. I waited. It came. Went to the doctor and was set. I knew I would have to tell June my decision. Then I told her I’d be moving and that I had already took care of Social Security. She blew up and said, “This is how you repay me all that I have done for you. I’ve taken you to the doctors, bought you things, taken care of you and this is how I am treated.” I said I want to be on my own but I would come and visit her. She then said,”How will I come up with the other half of my rent.” Then asked, ”Are you going to pay me so much a month for your room still.” I said “No. Are you only caring about the money you will be losing.” Then she said “How would you like me to smear your name by telling all your friend about your past and the things you have done. I told her if that’s what you want to do I can’t stop your but I’m leaving.

As I was packing to leave my friends from the Young Adult Ward came to move me. I was completely moved out three days later. As I was leaving, June yelled out to the people helping me that “Bob is a liar, he steals things, be careful if you have anything because Bob will take it”. June was really bitter.

No comments: