Monday, July 28, 2008
Leaving the institution
Every night I would lie in bed and wonder and wish when I would get out of there. I spent about 4 years wondering. Finally the day arrived. I was told they found me a foster home and that the family would be picking me up tomorrow. I sat outside and waited and watched behind the cars. When I finally saw them I hid. The day was finally here for me to leave but I had no clue what I should expect. I was nervous. They were white. I watched her drive up in a green station wagon. She went inside. I was about 100 feet behind her watching her wondering if she was my new mom. I followed her in and she said, “I am here to pick up a boy named Robert Lozano” and I said that was me. I was happy. She told me she would be my new mom, but that I didn’t have to call her mom right away. She said are you ready to go home. I said, go where? She said, “Go home with me! Would you like me to help you get your things.” I had some sadness leaving my good friends, like Vicki and Nancy because they were like mothers to me there. I was never able to say good-bye to them because they were not working that day. That made it hard for me to leave. I never heard from my friends again. I’ve always wondered about Vicki. If she ever got married or how her parents were doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment